You may want to charge commissions on referral bookings. These are bookings where the client pays operator direct and the booking has not been entered into Bookeasy.
1. Click on Add Return in the Operator Returns section of your console. The Add Return screen will be displayed.
2. Enter the date of the next Operator Return into the Return Date field in the format DD/MM/YYYY.
3. Enter the amount owing to you as a negative into the Return Amount field. The negative indicates that this is an amount that the operator owes you. I.e. If you are claiming $20 from the operator then enter this as -20.
4. Enter the amount of commission into the Commission Amount field. i.e. If you are claiming $20 from the operator then enter this as 20.
5. Enter the total amount of the booking into the Booking Total field.
6. Enter 0 into the Booking Number Field. This field is only used when the return is to be linked to a booking that has a booking total that is more than zero.
7. Click on the Operator Field. A drop down menu will be displayed with the names of operators that have the following operator categories allocated to them: Accommodation (524), Tours (534), External (544), Events (548), and Car Hire (552).
Select the name of the operator that you are claiming the commission amount from. If the operator you require does not appear in the list you will need to allocate one of the operator types listed above against that operator.
8. Enter the details of the booking into the Comments field. Make sure that you enter important information such as client name, commission %, the reference number provided by the operator, operator staff name and Visitor Centre staff member conducting the procedure.
9. Click on Save Return. The blank Add return screen will be displayed and the return you have added can be accessed in Operator Returns under the date you entered in Step 2.